Rothay Manor Blog
Sirloin of beef with wild garlic chimichurri
Wild Garlic Chimichurri
• 100g Wild Garlic Leaf
• 40g Mint Leaf
• 40g Parsley Leaf
• 1 1/2 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
• 200ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 Green Chilli
• 1 Clove Garlic
• Zest Of 1 Lemon
• Salt To Taste
• 2 x 10 oz Aged Sirloin Steaks
• 300g Tenderstem Broccoli
• 300g New Potatoes
• 100g Rocket Leaf
• 20g Pine Nuts
• Parmesan Shavings
• 15g Butter
• Garlic x 2 cloves
• Olive Oil
- Prepare Wild Garlic Chimichurri by pulsing herbs and wild garlic in a food processor, then add finely diced green chilli and garlic and pulse once more. Begin adding the olive oil to the herbs and pulse to mix, and finally add the white wine vinegar and lemon zest and season to taste. Keep in the fridge for 1 hour to allow the flavours to develop.
- While waiting for the Chimichurri to infuse together cook your new potatoes in salted water until they can be pierced with a knife, allow to cool then cut in half and reserve for sautéing in a pan with 1 clove of garlic and butter just before serving.
- Blanch tender stem broccoli in boiling salted water and cool in ice water, this can be reserved for later and cooked on an open bbq or griddle pan to get a charr onto them it brings out so much flavour. Cooking on a bbq can be so much more than just meat, vegetables can gain an amazing flavour from the smoke and heat of open flames.
- Gather the ingredients for the rocket salad, for this you need to toast pine nuts and allow to cool then in a bowl mix pine nuts, shaved parmesan, rocket and at the very last minute dress with your favourite dressing I used just a simple drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt as the Chimichurri contains so much flavour.
- Cook your Steak whether on a bbq or pan the methods are similar and the key is to allow it to rest.
- When the Steak is almost ready, cook the broccoli and new potatoes and season to taste, carve the steak into slices and spread out onto a plate and dress with your wild garlic Chimichurri.
- Sprinkle a few pine nuts over the bbq tender stem broccoli and dress with a little olive oil, serve family style so people can help them selves this truly is a fantastic way to dine especially with those summer days approaching I urge you try something different on the few days we can enjoy a bbq in the sun.